The Way of the Dream
- The Dream dreamed is not the Dream.
- The Avatar named is not the Avatar.
- The Unknown bounds the Dream and the Waking.
- The Named is mother of the Dreamed.
- Freed from desire you experience the Art.
- Caught in desire you see the evocation.
- Yet Art and evocation rise from the same source.
- This source is called the Chaos.
- Chaos born from Chaos, the Portal to all understanding.
- Beauty begets ugliness.
- Good creates evil.
- Coherence produces incoherence.
- Difficult supports ease.
- Long defines short.
- High depends on low.
- After follows before.
- Therefore the Adept acts without action, teaching without speech.
- Things arise and she lets them, they vanish and she releases them.
- Having without possessing, she acts without expecting.
- When her work is done, she forgets it; thus it lasts forever.
- Overesteem rulers and the people become powerless.
- Overvalue talismen and the people will steal.
- The Adept leads by emptying minds, filling bellies, weakening ambition, toughening resolve.
- He promotes simplicity and freedom from desire, creating confusion in those knowing and acting.
- Practice inaction and all will fall into place.
- The Dream is a well; ever used, never emptied.
- Infinite, it is the Source of all:
- dulling will,
- blinding insight,
- quenching lucidity,
- scattering resilience.
- Chameled, always present;
- Dreamsmiths unknown; older than god.
- The Dream is impartial, giving birth to good and evil.
- The Adept takes no side, welcoming sinners and saints.
- The Dream is like a bellows, empty yet infinitely productive.
- The more spoken, the less comprehended.
- Hold to the Balance.
- The Dream is the great mother,
- empty yet infinitely creative,
- giving birth to the limitless saga.
- Unseen, everpresent, use it effortlessly.
- The Dream is infinite and eternal.
- Never born, it is undying;
- Desireless, thus present for all.
- The Adept places herself last and finds herself before all.
- Detatched from all, she becomes one with all things.
- Let go of herself, she is perfectly fulfilled.
- Good is like water, nourishing all without rivaling.
- Content in low places disdained,
- Thus is the Dream.
- In dwelling, live suitably.
- In thinking, consider deeply.
- In conflict, be generous.
- In ruling, bring order.
- In working, act ablely.
- In action, mind your timing.
- Content in yourself, bring no contention.
- Evoke your blade too much and you will be filled.
- Reweave your shield too often and it will be destroyed.
- Chase font and talisman and your genning will never cease.
- Value approval and acclaim and you will be trapped in expectation.
- Do your work and step back.
- This is the Way to Dream.